Researcher of the Year Award
The Researcher of the Year is open to an individual OR a team who have demonstrated excellence in the field of grape and/or wine research.
Please note if you are entering as a team, the team must be made up of women.
- Demonstrate a significant original contribution in the area of grape and/or wine research over the past five years. Particular preference will be given to those who have had research findings published in a peer-reviewed science journal (eg. Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research) or presented at a relevant national or international conference.
- Demonstrate that the research is relevant to the Australian and/or international grape and wine community. Where, and to what extent, has the work been adopted by the industry? (eg. an AWITC plenary or workshop, industry meetings or workshops, regional or state grower/wine association presentations, industry strategic plans or websites, etc)
The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize if, in their view, the quality of entries is insufficiently meritorious.
The use of referees is part of the judging process and we encourage entrants to inform their referees that they will be contacted to support the entrant’s statements.
The winner will receive:
- An engraved Riedel ‘Cornetto’ Decanter
- Promotion via both the Women in Wine Awards Website and The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society
- An exclusively designed winners graphic ‘badge’ to be used in your own marketing and communications.
- The winner will be invited to judge the 2018 Award.
For a woman to be eligible to enter this award she must meet the following criteria:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- She must not be employed by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society, any member of the Advisory Board, or any company / brand sponsoring the Individual Award for which is she is applying
- She must agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry
Nominations & Entries open Saturday 20th May 2017 and are open for 8 weeks.
Entries close midnight Tuesday 1st August 2017.
Winners announced Tuesday 26th September 2017.