Terms and Conditions
The Australian Women in Wine Awards (Awards) are conducted by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society ABN 24 926 947 274.
In these terms and conditions of entry (Terms), unless otherwise stated, a reference to “you” or “your” includes you in your personal capacity.
Nominees and entrants will be eligible to enter the Awards providing all of the following criteria are met:
- Must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- Is not employed by us, any member of the Advisory Board or any company / brand sponsoring the individual award for which s/he is applying
Instructions on how to enter are set out at www.womeninwineawards.com.au and form part of the Terms.
Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
The Period commences when you submit an entry and ends on 31 December 2017 (Period).
In order to enter the Awards and be eligible to win, you must:
- Comply with the Terms;
- Submit your entry at www.womeninwineawards.com.au by 12:00 midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday 1 August 2017; and
- Be available to attend any Awards events and associated activities as determined by us in our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to declare your entry ineligible if, during the Period, in the sole and reasonable opinion of us or an Awards sponsor (Sponsor):
- You are unable to represent or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
- You have not complied with these Terms;
- The entry form is incomplete; or
- Information provided by you is deficient, false, misleading , or provided unlawfully.
We reserve the right to disqualify entries at any time in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
If, in our sole discretion, we determine that you (or if you are a business owner, your business) are/is involved in any conduct or activity in any way (including of a personal or business nature) that:
- is illegal;
- is fraudulent;
- may harm us, our name or reputation; or
- breaches these Terms,
we may withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by us, you agree to no longer promote yourself and/or your business as being associated with the Awards, us or our Sponsors. This clause survives the expiration of the Period.
We do not provide feedback on entries.
We accept no responsibility for entries not received by us for any reason.
All entries become our property.
Awards and prizes
The Awards comprise of the following categories (Award Categories): Winemaker of the Year, Viticulturist of the Year, Owner / Operator of the Year, Workplace Champion of Change, Cellar Door Person of the Year, Researcher of the Year, Marketer of the Year, Woman of Inspiration, and Honorary Australian Woman in Wine (for UK Wine Trade Only).
If we are unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, we reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. We accept no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Terms and conditions of use apply to the prizes, and all prizes must be claimed by 31 December 2017.
Privacy & Marketing
We collect personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988) and other information relating to your business operations in various ways, such as in the entry form, on judging days, and in speeches and interactions with the Advisory Board and judges, in order to administer the Awards and, where appropriate, award prizes.
If you do not provide the personal and business information as requested, you cannot participate in the Awards.
By participating in the Awards (including by submitting an entry) you consent for us to use and disclose your personal information to our related entities, business partners, agencies, Sponsors and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards, in order to:
- administer the Awards;
- invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies,
- polls/surveys and business opportunities;
- improve our related entities’ or Sponsors’ products and services.
You agree that your consent continues until you withdraw it by notifying us.
If you wish to withdraw your consent you need to notify us in writing via email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive Awards material or marketing material from our Sponsors, or to request that your personal information not be disclosed to our Sponsors in future, send an email to email@example.com
You also agree that we and/or the judges or agencies may review publicly available information regarding you including on websites, social media and in media activity in assessing and judging your entry.
Promotion & Sponsorship
If you are an Award finalist, you agree to attend any Awards presentation events and other Awards events that we notify you about, and agree to assist in promoting the Awards as required by us for the event in which you are a finalist.
If you are an Award winner, you agree to be available for promotional appearances during the Period for us (Promotional Appearances). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Awards, us (including our products or services) or our Sponsors (including their products and services) and:
During each Promotional Appearance you must, if requested, verbally endorse us or our Sponsors (including their products and services).
In any promotion or endorsement of the Awards, us (including our products and services) or our Sponsors (including their products or services), you should only express opinions that are genuinely held by you.
You agree to allow us to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you and your business (Materials).
In relation to the Materials:
- We may use the Materials for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you;
- We may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at anytime, anywhere, by any means;
- We may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- You acknowledge that, by entering the Awards, you grant to us on creation of the Materials a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable license to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
- During and after the Period, we may, without compensation to you or your business, use your personal identity, details about you (and, if you are the primary owner of the company, your business identity, logo and details); the contents of your entry form and any other materials supplied by you in connection with your entry to the Awards or the promotion of the Awards (Materials); and your Materials and any Promotional Appearance, anywhere in the world in any advertisement or media or other material to promote the Awards or our products or services, or for any other incidental purpose.
Indemnity and liability
You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless us and our respective officers, employees and agents (Indemnified Persons), from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of the Indemnified Persons arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of the Indemnified Persons where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these Terms by you, and use of the Material and/or information supplied by you under these Terms.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Awards including the supply of goods or services by any person to you, and where applicable to any persons accompanying you.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from your participation in the Awards.
We have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time without notice to you.
By entering the Awards, you agree to submit to the laws of New South Wales and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place and the courts of appeal from them.