Cellar Door Person of the Year
This award recognises excellence in providing service, knowledge and hospitality at the front line – the cellar door! This year, that can include engaging with your customers beyond real life visitation.
What you need to know about this award:
- Describe your personal approach to entertaining / informing / educating visitors at cellar door AND/OR engaging with them remotely online, and why you believe what you have done has been successful over the previous 12 months.
- Recognising that a cellar door visit is often part of a broader regional tourism experience, describe how you proactively promote your region to your visitors – especially in a year which has prevented travel and visitation. How are you working to keep your cellar door and wine region front and centre in people’s minds?
The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize if, in their view, the quality of entries is insufficiently meritorious.
The use of referees is part of the judging process and we encourage entrants to inform their referees that they will be contacted to support the entrant’s statements.
The winner will receive:
- An engraved Riedel ‘Cornetto’ Decanter
- Promotion via both the Women in Wine Awards Website and The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society
- An exclusively designed winners graphic ‘badge’ to be used in your own marketing and communications.
For a woman to be eligible to enter this award she must meet the following criteria:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- She must not be employed by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society, any member of the Advisory Board, or any company / brand sponsoring the Individual Award for which is she is applying
- She must agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry