Cellar Door Person of the Year
This award recognises an outstanding Cellar Door employee, manager, operator, owner (or other relevant title) for their exceptional skills at the cellar door.
- Describe your personal approach to entertaining visitors at cellar door and why you believe it has made you successful.
- Demonstrate how you make the visitor’s experience stand out from the average e.g. do you offer special flights? tours? classes? other add ons?
- Recognising that a cellar door visit is often part of a broader regional tourism experience, describe how you proactively provide regional perspective to your visitors
The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize if, in their view, the quality of entries is insufficiently meritorious.
The use of referees is part of the judging process and we encourage entrants to inform their referees that they will be contacted to support the entrant’s statements.
The winner will receive:
- An engraved Riedel ‘Cornetto’ Decanter
- Promotion via both the Women in Wine Awards Website and The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society
- An exclusively designed winners graphic ‘badge’ to be used in your own marketing and communications.
- The winner will be invited to judge the 2018 Award.
For a woman to be eligible to enter this award she must meet the following criteria:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- She must not be employed by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society, any member of the Advisory Board, or any company / brand sponsoring the Individual Award for which is she is applying
- She must agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry