Owner / Operator of the Year
This award recognises a wine business owner or operator who has made an outstanding contribution to their business in the Australian wine industry.
What you need to know about this award:
Entrants must be a part or sole owner, managing director or chief executive (or equivalent) and must have an active role in the day to day running of their wine business in the field of wine production, viticulture or a wine-related business (eg. barrel importer, wine distributor, etc)
- In the face of both success and challenge in the last 12 months, describe what you have done to keep your business operational and/or thriving.
- Do any of the strategies or programs you have implemented in your business during this time (the last 12 months) have the potential to be significant to the wine industry in your region, state or within Australia? Describe the broader impacts your efforts have made or could make.
The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize if, in their view, the quality of entries is insufficiently meritorious.
The use of referees is part of the judging process and we encourage entrants to inform their referees that they will be contacted to support the entrant’s statements.
The winner will receive:
- An engraved Riedel ‘Cornetto’ Decanter
- Promotion via both the Women in Wine Awards Website and The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society
- A specially designed and framed award certificate plus an exclusively designed winners graphic ‘badge’ to be used in your own marketing and communications.
For a woman to be eligible to enter the Owner / Operator of the Year Award she must meet the following criteria:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident.
- She must not be employed by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society, any member of the Advisory Board, or any company / brand sponsoring the Individual Award for which is she is applying.
- She must agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry.