Viticulturist of the Year
This award recognises that great wine starts in the vineyard! In particular it looks at the consistent performance of the viticulturist over the last few seasons, and their use of innovation and/or best practice methods to achieve results.
Viticulturist/Winegrape grower: Part or sole owner, employee, consultant, managing director or chief executive with an active role in the day to day running of their vineyard or clients vineyard[s].
What you need to know about this award:
- Describe how your personal efforts have improved grape quality and/or vineyard sustainability over the previous 12 – 24 months. If there have been particular challenges, how have you been able to overcome these?
- Describe how, through your work, you have been able to contribute to scientific research, development, or innovative application of viticulture practices, and discuss the dissemination of this work to the wider wine community.
The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize if, in their view, the quality of entries is insufficiently meritorious.
The use of referees is part of the judging process and we encourage entrants to inform their referees that they will be contacted to support the entrant’s statements.
The winner will receive:
- An engraved Riedel ‘Cornetto’ Decanter
- Promotion via both the Women in Wine Awards Website and The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society
- An exclusively designed winners graphic ‘badge’ to be used in your own marketing and communications.
For a woman to be eligible to enter this award she must meet the following criteria:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- She must not be employed by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society, any member of the Advisory Board, or any company / brand sponsoring the Individual Award for which is she is applying
- She must agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry