Winemaker of the Year
This award recognises an outstanding winemaker who is a leader in the profession, with a particular focus on the previous calendar year’s achievements.
The entrant must be either solely or a part of team (to all intents and purposes) primarily responsible for their own projects in relation to the wines and the winemaking for their company (which may be their own), and must be publicly identified as such by the company in question.
What you need to know about this award:
- Describe your individual role in either an outstanding improvement in, or recognition of, wine quality / style / winemaking procedure over the previous 12 – 24 months.
- Describe how you individually – or as part of team with your own projects you were responsible for – have been the driving force behind a winemaking innovation or practice that is significant to the wine industry in your region, state or within Australia OR how you have worked collaboratively within the winemaking space to create a product, process or practice that has had a significant positive impact on wine.
The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. The judges reserve the right not to award the prize if, in their view, the quality of entries is insufficiently meritorious.
The use of referees is part of the judging process and we encourage entrants to inform their referees that they will be contacted to support the entrant’s statements.
The winner will receive:
- An engraved Riedel Cornetto Decanter
- Promotion via both the Women in Wine Awards Website and The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society
- An exclusively designed winners graphic ‘badge’ to be used in your own marketing and communications.
For a woman to be eligible to enter this award she must meet the following criteria:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- She must not be employed by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society, any member of the Advisory Board, or any company / brand sponsoring the Individual Award for which is she is applying
- She must agree to the Terms & Conditions of entry